Monday, April 2, 2012

Small steps, great support

2 Apr
Chris here. (sorry, no pics for this one, would not have been appropriate)

One thing we've learned being in missions in Mexico is that everything... EVERYTHING... takes like 5x longer than you initially think it will. Ya gotta take a deep breath and trust the Lord to move it at the right pace.

SO... I have been working on the 'seedling' spurts of a health initiative in San Vicente. I had some things moving along in the Fall, then a bunch of road-blocks came up and that got slowed down. Then, winter makes everything go on 'hold' here except the real basics.

Today, I had two meetings with key health people here in the Village. Besides gathering alot of information and building relationships, I pitched what I'm working on to them. They were both very enthused, supportive, encouraging AND want me to keep in touch so they can advise and we can work together.

A good day. your bro, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment