Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Camelia starts her sewing business Aug 2012

Meet Camelia the newest lady to start her own sewing business in San Vicente. Her first products are these zipper bags, just in time for the school year. (they make perfect pencil cases.) She has been attending my sewing classes for the last two years and decided it was time to launch her micro enterprise. I had to fight back the tears when I questioned Camelia about what she planned to do with her earnings. She answered, "I would like to be able to buy shoes for my daughter and be able to pack school lunches for my children. A successful business can make a HUGE impact for this family. Her husband is a farm worker and they have 4 children including a 3-month-old baby boy. They are in the proccess of purchasing a small piece of property not far from our little casita. There will be plenty of challenges as Camelia has never attended school. Pray that I have an abundance of grace, patience, and wisdom as we move forward together.

No comments:

Post a Comment