Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas sewing projects by Lori Dec. 2012


This week's sewing classes were filled with 5-9 students during the morning and afternoon sessions. I focused on reaching out to invite new students with posters in a couple of local stores and churches as well as personal invitations. Nine new participants came by and created an assortment of Christmas items that included napkins, stockings, and aprons. I designed these aprons using pre-printed holiday fabric panels for vests. For two years I offered for ladies to sew vests for themselves or as gifts. But, the response was "no one here in the community wears anything like these vests". So, I decided to re-purpose the vest fabric into aprons by adding pockets along the bottom edge. There a hit. I often have to think "outside of the box" to find uses for some of the items that are donated. "Brainstorming" a mandatory skill for mission work.

No comments:

Post a Comment