Friday, July 17, 2009

17 July Chula Vista It's In The Steps...

"In his heart, a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" Prov 16:9

Zambia, Africa... many of our mission peeps don't know that I have been trying to get to Africa for over 8 years. I have had a number of "join an outreach for a week" offers, but the Lord said no. I pursued 3 options with groups working on the pork-chop continent, two of them rather complicated... and those doors closed (hard)... so didn't go to Nigeria, Sierra Leone or Ghana...

SO when the Zambia thing started coming into focus, and the offer was quite strong... "OK, Lord, another dead end?" He said press in. I did. I'm seeing green lights, and getting guff from the Enemy (always a sign of being on the right track)

I fly out of LAX in a week... LAX to New York to Johannesberg (South Africa) to Ndola, Zambia... 8 years to get there... I may just get off the plane in South Africa and DANCE!!!

It's not a dream, no starry eye stuff... it's more a strong feeling like I need to go. This is what I've trained for. This is what I'm supposed to do. He's pulling me to go be with Him there (Mark 5).

Onward!

1 comment:

  1. Go Chris Go! You inspire me with your radical obedience, your sense of humour and your boundless energy! I'll be praying for you and I have a slight conviction (that's kind of like being slightly pregnant)that God will also lead me to Africa someday. There have been a couple of stirrings but God has not yet made it clear that it was time to go. Appreciate your sharing.

    A+

    Doug Horst

    ReplyDelete