Wednesday, December 28, 2011

sewing Christmas gifts 2011



As the "Giving Season" is upon us, I enjoy helping my sewing students to create handmade gifts for their families. This year I focused my energies on the young girls who were anxious to take advantage of their school vacation to make presents. Scarves, aprons, and decorations were whipped up in time to celebrate Christmas. Michelle (pictured with me) is one of our neighbors in San Vicente. As I was walking back from my first day of classes, she questioned about the minimum age of the sewing students, which is 10 years old. She told me that she would be turning "10" in Jan. So, the next morning, I invited her to join me for the day so that she could start her lessons. She was so excited to make a wool scarf for her Mom and a fabric Christmas tree to adore the inside of her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment