Sunday, August 23, 2009

23 Aug from Ndola, Zambia from Chris TWO

23 Aug

BLOG TWO: Challenges

Thought you should see these for yourself...

BELOW: Fire! Fire! Yes, this is the normal evening sight, as people burn their fields, especially before the rainy season. Yes, they burn out. Yes, the smoke is choking.
(Oh, yeah, they force the snakes out... saw 4 this week, pretty long...)

TO THE RIGHT: This group in Mushili dug out a city pipe and broke in so they can get access to water... and, of course it means drinking water sometimes comes mixed with puddle water... I didn't shoot the person washing her clothes to the side of the puddle...




Here is a lady in a community that brews home-made liquor called 'Kachasu' , and grows and sells her own tobacco... there are many home-generated Kachasu and tobacco businesses... unfortunately, this woman is quite addicted to her own product (she was quite drunk as well). She was yelling at me to take her picture, so I did... I asked if I could pray for her, and she yelled and shooed me away... (well, she got prayed for, as I left, heavy-hearted in her bondages).
There are many people here in the bondage of liquor, drunkeness and tobacco smoking. Many men will spend their day wage on these things, and come home empty-handed to their wives and children for food that day.
More to come...
Chris














No comments:

Post a Comment