Monday, August 3, 2009

3Aug Ndola, Zambia from Chris pictures!

women walking safe water back to their huts in Kasoti... my heros!

Aug 3 here are some pics from the last week... forgive me as I am still learning how to put pics up on the Blog...

Here I am with some of the kids in Kasoti. They are about to begin hygiene training in this village. They were my first students in Zambia, as I tried to do an impromptu hand-washing lesson with them... well, there was great laughter, for sure!

Here is a pic with the new Hygiene committee at the school near the Congo border... they are still smiling about meeting the 'white giant'...!


Women in the village agree to be a part of a Hygiene committee... there have been many unsafe water-related issues in their village... Stella (L) is the dedicated hygiene team member who is helping me learn so much about Zambians and being a health worker here




A pic with the principal and some students at a school where SHIP has build a (nice) pit latrine, a bore-hole well and will start Hygiene training in the classroom... this school sits in the middle of over 6000 people who need safe water...
Thanks for visiting!
Chris in Ndola Zambia




No comments:

Post a Comment