Thursday, September 17, 2009

17 Sept Chris in Pasadena, CA back on the Big Island, Mission Conf

17 Sept

Hello, my good friends!

Writing to you from the Fuller Seminary guest house in Pasadena, CA... Lori is down the street doing her Conf Registrar thing, and I am still trying to get my head into Pacific Standard Timezone...

Wierd!

All my flights from Ndola, Zambia to LAX went my favorite way ... BORING (meaning, without drama). Ndola to Johannesberg, South Africa to Dakar, Senegal to JFK/New York to LAX... total 28 hours in the air... yes, I slept OK on the plane, all luggage arrived in one piece (and wrapped in cellophane) and Lori was all smiles with my LAX pick-up.

And yes, I was able to get a Cheeseburger in JFK before boarding to LAX... cheeseburgers are one of those exclusive things that are ONLY found properly in the good ol'e US of A...

OK, sometime in the next week, once I get to my home systems, I will be able to write some updates 'in the gap' between my Zambia departure and the point where my laptop gave up the ghost... yes, with pictures...

... and there was alot that did happen. I lectured at Copperbelt Nuring school in Ndola, I worked with a developing worship leader on a song in a studio, recording a pretty amazing song he wrote, and there were alot of positive developments in the development of a long-term HIV/AIDS initiative in Ndola.

Thanks for every person who shot up a prayer or petition during this rather successful '50 DAYS IN ZAMBIA 2009' mission work.

And, ultimately, thanks be to GOD...

your bro,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment